Homemade Natural Skincare Recipes for January Pampering
January with its long, dark nights and chilly days often means we all spend more time than ever at home, but that needn’t be a bad thing! In the post-festive period, where we tend to crave nourishment both in the form of delicious, nutritious food and sustaining skincare to quench our parched skin, hunker down at home and indulge in a little pampering. And what better way to do that than with some homemade natural skincare, free of unknown nasties, easy to make and a fantastic way to create spa-like treatments in the comfort of your own home? We’re sharing two of our favourite natural skincare recipes which will leave your skin glowing as well as our top tips for creating a tranquil, serene bathroom, perfect for pampering.
A Tranquil Bathroom for Pampering
- Clear the bathroom of any clutter. Think children’s bath toys, discarded clothes and empty shampoo bottles.
- Use only the most beautiful bathroom textiles - Coco & Wolf's Liberty fabric edges towels and bath mats cannot be beaten. Hang towels on the radiator to gently warm while you shower or bathe.
- Play your favourite calming music or podcast on a waterproof speaker. We're enjoying the Where Are You Going podcast.
- Prepare your chosen natural skincare recipe so it's close at hand.
- Add your bathing essentials to a stool beside the bath so you can submerge yourself and relax with everything in easy reach.
Homemade Natural Skincare Recipes | Seasalt & Mint Body Scrub
Cleansing, exfoliating, invigorating and moisturising.
In a blender combine all the ingredients except the coconut oil and sea salt.
Once everything is thoroughly combined, gradually add in the coconut oil.
Transfer into a bowl to cool slightly.
Stir through sea salt
Keeps for up to 5 days in an airtight jar in the fridge.
If you have sensitive skin, switch the salt for brown Demerara sugar and do a small patch test to ensure you don’t react.
Gently rub the scrub in a circular motion over any body part which has dry, lacklustre skin. Leave for a couple of minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
1 ripe avocado peeled with stone removed
Juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
1 large handful of fresh mint
150ml melted coconut oil
100g pink Himalayan sea salt
Homemade Natural Skincare Recipes | Honey & Mango Body Mask
Balancing, cleansing and toning.
Blend oats and couscous in the hot water then allow to cool.
Add all other ingredients to the oat and couscous mixture and mix thoroughly.
Transfer into airtight jar.
Keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Apply to any areas of the body that need moisturising. Leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
200ml hot water
10g organic runny honey
1 mango, peeled, seeded and mashed
2 egg whites, whisked gently until foamy
A squeeze of lemon
Is your skin feeling the effects of drying central heating and harsh winter air? Let us know which natural skincare recipe you will be trying first and enjoy!